Oottupura Brunch for Sunday 28th February
1. PUTTU & KADALA CURRY
Steamed cylindrical shapes of ground rice layered with coconut shavings. A favorite breakfast in kerala. We are serving you two varieties of puttu:
- Rice flour puttu : Home milled heirloom variety of Uma red rice used to make these goodness.
- KADALA VARATHARACH CURRY : The perfect combination with Puttu. A Bengal gram curry in a richly oasted coconut gravy using a blend of Malabar spices cooked to perfection.
The puttu & kadala in combination with pappadams are a match made in heaven.
Note : Puttu is also eaten by mashing the steamed plantains and mixing it well. Ghee and sugar is added to enhance the flavor of the Puttu.
2. MALABAR NICE PATHIRI & VEGETABLE KORMA
Malabar Pathiris are soft and easy. It’s one of the most popular breads of the Malabar.
- VEGETABLE KORMA : Vegetable Kurma is a stew of assorted veggies simmered in a thick spicy coconut based gravy which pairs well with Pathiris.
3. THALASERRY BIRIYANI & RAITA ( RAITA CONTAINS DAIRY – YOGHURT)
One of the favorite specialties of the Malabar is the jeerakasala or kaima rice sourced from Wynad . It is used to cook the Biriyani . Rich in its flavor, it is one of the hearty recipes of the Malabar . The cashews and raisins in it gives it an added touch . Delicious when had with a little raita and pickle on the side.
KOCHU VIBHAVANGAL (SMALLISH PLATES)
1. PAZHAM VAATIYATTU ( Fried plantains ) ( CONTAINS DAIRY – GHEE)
One of the endearing specialties of a brunch or tea time is the plantains . The fried plantains are often served as a breakfast or evening tea time specialty. Can be eaten by itself or in combination with Puttu.
PALAHAARAM (LIGHT SNACKS)
1. THALASSERY MASALA BISCUITS
Malabar is famous for its baked goodies . This tea time recipe biscuit with its sweet and savoury flavor is one of the favorites.
1. NARANGA ACHAR (LEMON PICKLE)
The perfect one to add zing and spice to your meal.
Pappadams are the best accomplishment. Crispy Guruvayur Pappadam to add the extra touch to your meal . Pappadams taste the best with Puttu and kadala curry.
MADHURAM ( DESSERT)
1. SEMIYA PAYASAM (VERMICELLI PAYASAM) ( CONTAINS DAIRY – MILK)
A luscious sweet vermicelli payasam made in cow milk . Light and absolutely a treat.
1. NANNARI SHERBET (SARASAPARILLA SHERBET)
Nannanari or Sariba or sarasaparilla is a cooling herb . Popularly used in Ayurveda this sherbet is made with Sariba , boiled and cooled into a syrup . Lemon juice is added along with some Sabja seeds for its nourishing properties. Tulsi to add some extra healing touch.